Tuesday 21 May 2013

The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman



The Fingertips of Duncan Dorfman by Meg Wolitzer

Summary:  Twelve-year-olds Duncan Dorfman, April Blunt, and Nate Saviano meet at the Youth Scrabble Tournament where, although each has a different reason for attending and for needing to win, they realize that something more important is at stake than the grand prize.


I loved this book!  I'm not sure if it's just because I am a huge fan of Scrabble or because it had great characters, story, and writing.  I suppose it could be for all of those reasons!  This book isn't very long but there is still plenty of time to fall in love with the characters and get invested in their stories.  Bonus : lots of new Scrabble words to learn so that I can hopefully beat my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment